Saturday, June 27, 2009

Aburnsons of Sussex - A British coachbuilder

Although as I am going through unusual makes I also looking at Unusual Coachbuilders

Aburnsons of Sussex - Now I do not have much of this coachbuilder as of yet but no doubt as I wade through 25 years of that most excellent Vintage magazine -The Automobile and others I will find more so far I am up to July 1987

Post ww2 it was big business to convert sedans and jeeps to traditional Woody Aburnsons did one on a Bentley discussed here

However this photo of one comes from Classic & Sportscar

Bentley mk vi woody 1949 Estate (Wagon)
Brits calls these wagons or Estates 'Shooting Brakes'
See
Classic & Sportscar (GB) 1988 SEP page 91 Vol 7 Issue 6
Black and white photo period press photo 1949 when new by Aburnsons of Sussex; part of a feature 'off the peg' - of a comparsion Bentley mk V1 vs. RR Silver Dawn ; feature by Giles Chapman and Martin Buckley ; photo by Derek Goad

No comments: