Friday, February 13, 2009

carmagreviews I am back to blog 2009

14 Feb 2009

Well after 8 months I finally decided to add more...

I don't know how many people see the blog but no doubt the more makers i add - more of you will take note and be referred to my web site www.carmagreviews.co.nz which would be cool

My strategy this year is do more on blogs and freely join in to many of forums around the world and freely provided references to people from magazines i have documented in efforts to get my site used more - Many of you do not know I exist and stumbled upon me via 'Google' of 'Fire Fox' even some of you are using your iphones!

its made it more difficult to increase my awareness because after much letters to magazines I hitting a wall of silence -the respective editors ; General Managers ; Marketing managers & many of magazine editors around the world they have not reported me in the news section of magazines or done a story on me even when i have provided or offered material - only about 1/10 of my letters answering readers enquiries of cars in letters of editor's have they published! (When I have their answers!!!) - 1 Kiwi Publication is prepared for me set up Question & Answer column in coming months that is NZ Vintage Car Club Beaded Wheels magazine where i will be in March-April 2009 Publication


Many Magazines have not realised I have creating further awareness and increased sales of their respective magazines around the world in a small way

Why their reluctance?
1/. I have not written any books - Well I have not got time to write books - This is my book my site and database
2/ I promote their competition as well
3/ Many of their columnists or historians could be out of a job -Although I do not believe this would be the easy - i add value to their work


Back to it
- My site has kept me busy although I have got more to add (later today 14 th Feb 2009) lately I being doing the bigger off line database index of older magazines - Currently I am working through the gaps in my collection and indexing
Thoroughbred & Classic Cars 1975-1985 gaps
Classic & Sports car 1982-1986
The Automobile so far I am up to June 1987 yep lot more to do ( I received all 25 years worth for free last year!)
Practical Classics 1982-1984

I finished last year
Auto Itala 1996-2007April (To return this month..)
Old Motor 1979-1981

Still to add
Classic Bike (I received a donation from Weltec here in Wellington)
Cars & Spare Parts 1990-1996
4x4 Australia with older issues of NZ4WD

I will continue with Italian unusual cars i started over a year ago - i started years back now that I have finished documenting Auto Italia mag itself - I did try to get some pictures of cars from other sites but many of Italian car clubs were not prepared to oblige in fact i received a abrupt and angry email from a Belgian who owns a few Lombardis Abarth who flately refused my request for photos of his car even I offering to link back to his site this guy is NUTS! his loss I say! :)

and so I am starting a new Topic covering all makers from A to Z which will take some time which will keep me busy for next few years - this will give where references can be found on those cars and cross references to other names on see my next blog

Cheers Julian

No comments: